Discover the nutritious and delicious dish that’s a staple of the Mediterranean diet
Tabbouleh is a fresh and flavorful salad that originates from the Middle East and is now a staple of the Mediterranean diet. We make it from parsley, tomatoes, onions, bulgur wheat, and seasoned with lemon juice, olive oil, and spices.
Tabbouleh is known for its high nutrient content and is a great option for those looking to eat healthier. It’s high in fiber, vitamins, and minerals, and is low in calories.
The Mediterranean diet, which Tabbouleh is a part of, has been shown to have numerous health benefits, including a reduced risk of heart disease, stroke, and certain types of cancer. The diet is characterized by its emphasis on fresh fruits and vegetables, whole grains, healthy fats (such as olive oil), and lean protein sources.
In addition to its health benefits, Tabbouleh is also a delicious and versatile dish. Also, it can be served as a side dish or as a main course and it can be easily customized to suit your taste preferences.
If you’re looking to make your own Tabbouleh at home, try this simple and delicious recipe:
Ingredients of Tabbouleh:
- 2 bunches of parsley (finely chopped)
- 2 tomatoes (diced)
- 1/2 red onion (finely chopped)
- 1 cup of bulgur wheat
- 3 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Soak the bulgur wheat in warm water for 30 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine the chopped parsley, diced tomatoes, and finely chopped onion.
- Drain the bulgur wheat and add it to the bowl.
- Then add the lemon juice, olive oil, minced garlic, salt, and pepper to the bowl and mix everything together.
- ِFinally let the Tabbouleh sit for at least 30 minutes before serving, to allow the flavors to blend together.
- Serve the Tabbouleh as a side dish or as a main course. Enjoy!
This simple and flavorful recipe is sure to become a staple in your home. So, go ahead and give it a try – your taste buds (and your health) will thank you!